Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Vintage Mixed Media Card for ScrapBerry's


Welcome to my creative space. Today I'm sharing a card that I created for a very special scrapbooking friend who is turning 76 this week. She adores birds, so the gorgeous ScrapBerry's Primavera Collection with these sweet bird images was just perfect for this card. I've also used lots of lovely ScrapBerry's embellishments, which you can read about in my Tips and Techniques section below. 

Don't forget, ScrapBerry's is hosting a spring themed challenge through the end of April.
Be sure to stop by the ScrapBerry's blog for all the challenge details HERE.

FTC Disclosure: I am currently working as a freelance designer for ScrapBerry's. While I am compensated in product, I maintain the freedom as an independent designer to say what I truly think of these products and will not recommend something that I don’t personally use and enjoy.

Tips and Techniques
I created a sweet cluster with gorgeous Scrapberry's Cherry Blossoms, Lily, Freedom Flair Button, and Curls for Wedding Swirl. To soften the flowers, I dry brushed them with white gesso. 

On the other side I tucked in a Wind of Travel Clock and another Cherry Blossom.

To give a vintage feel, the background paper is dry brushed with white gesso, then splattered with Heidi Swapp Primrose Color Shine mist and white drawing ink.

The Primavera Card pages have so many gorgeous images. I cut out the birds and feather cards along with the blossoms and butterfly to layer as the focal point of the card. The edges are rubbed with Pumice Stone Distress Ink.

You can see just the head of the sweet French Journey Polymer bird. I brushed it with white gesso, then dabbed with Pumice Stone Ink. I added just a bit of blue with ScrapBerry's Blue Stains Ink. To add to the shabby vintage effect, some of the ink is rubbed off.

I tied a triple loop bow with Light Brown Shabby Ribbon - a perfect pairing with the vintage style of this card. Feathers are cut from the cards paper and arranged at the center of the bow.

The Butterflies Wings Clear Stamp is great for backgrounds and the edges of the card are stamped with this beautiful image. Note ~ the dry brushing on the background I mentioned earlier was done after stamping.

For added dimension I scattered silver microbeads and Tu-Tu Pink Prills around the clusters and bow.

Product List
ScrapBerry’s
Primavera Paper Collection Set 6”x6" (SCB220609009)
Primavera ~ Cards 1 (SCB280609007)
Primavera ~ Cards 2 (SCB220609008)
Stemmed Lily ~ White & Pink (SCB290403)
Cherry Blossom ~ White and Blue (SCB300215)
Cherry Blossom ~ Violet (SCB300207)
Shabby Ribbon ~ Light Brown (SCB510107)
French journey 1 ~ Set of polymer items (SCB26001009)
Wind of Travel ~ Set of clocks, black and beige (SCB34001071)
Flair Buttons ~ Set of embellishments № 3 Freedom (SCB340001084)
Curls For Wedding 1 (pearls swirl) (SCB250001078)
Set of clear stamps ~ Butterflies – Wings (SCB4907003B)
Stains Ink Pad ~ Blue (SCB1210503)

Other Products
Cardstock ~ White - Stash
US ArtQuest ~ Prills - Tu-Tu Pink
Silver Microbeads ~ Stash
Liquitex ~ Gesso - White
Golden ~ Soft Gel Matte
Heidi Swapp ~ Color Shine - Primrose
Higgins ~ Drawing Ink - White
Ranger ~ Distress Ink - Pumice Stone
Ranger ~ Archival Ink - Jet Black


Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.
~ Blessings ~

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for leaving such affirming words on my blog today. They made me smile. The card for your friend is full of luscious clusters of flowers and the birds look right at home there. Thanks for sharing, I'm sure your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Tracey, this is absolutely stunning!! I love the vintage images you used!! The layers and texture are fabulous!! What a gorgeous card this is!! Your friend will treasure it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. A truly stunning card Tracey!! Love all the vintage images and I really love the micro beads/prill combination .. looks fabulous!! A beautiful combination of elements and a gorgeous colour mix!!! Your friend will be thrilled!! God Bless. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is really pretty,very vintagey and I am sure your friend will love it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. this card is really gorgeous Tracey !! Just amazing, wonderful!! I love your vintage style, and all the fabulous details you have added to. Congratulation ! I´d like to thank you very much for your visit by my blog and your so kind comments. I wish you a very nice day ! big hugs. Caty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! LOVING the birds and the flowers!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMAZING artwork here on your blog!
    Greetings from Austria
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Tracey! Love the collage of beautiful papers! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.